Fort Lee Locksmith, NJ – Helping You Back Into Your Home Or Car
If you are in or around Fort Lee, NJ, and in desperate need of a locksmith, then you have come to the right place. There are plenty of situations where you may find yourself stuck and in need of assistance which can range from losing your house keys to suffering from a broken or faulty lock. If you are finding yourself in this type of situation, then your search is over.
A locksmith can be with you in no time at all and give you access back to your home, car, or office without needing to break a window to gain entry. Locksmiths are specially trained for these types of situations, and when armed with the correct tool they are an unbeatable force for gaining entry into your building on your behalf. There is no need to stress out and panic about what to do, all can be resolved in the blink of an eye.
Locksmiths are skilled in many different types of home security systems and can get you specialist keys cut on the spot, for example, certain car keys that need to be programmed and accessed via a database to activate them before they can be used. Before, this was the reserve of the car showroom, but now locksmiths can also get these done for you.
A Fort Lee, NJ locksmith will be able to help you unlock bike locks, car locks, door locks, security door locks, digital locks, and many types of security systems. There is no need to panic when help is just a call away. The best locksmiths will have all of the tools that they could ever need to be able to cut, copy, and repair keys and locks.
A History Of Locksmiths And Locksmithing
A locksmith deals with many different aspects of locks, from repairing and replacing them, to cutting keys on the spot. Locksmithing is thought to be one of the oldest skilled trades still in practice today. In fact, locksmiths and locksmithing dates back to around 4000 years ago when the world was being ruled by the ancient Egyptians and Babylonians.
Common belief has it that in that time locks were small and portable and used to secure valuable goods during transportation. While it is nice to think that the civilizations back then had the technology to be that advanced, the truth of the matter is that they didn’t. Locks during the reign of the Egyptians and Babylonians would have been large, clunky, and quite basic in design. That’s not to say that they should be frowned upon though, as everything must evolve from something. Even the mighty oak grows from just a small acorn.
It is known that the locks of 4000 years ago were made from wood. While the material may seem surprising, it worked in very much the same way as the locks of today do, although, they would have been much easier to pick than today’s locks. If we still had wooden locks on our doors in Fort Lee, NJ, then we would most likely be able to gain access ourselves.
To have a lock and key was a status symbol in ancient Rome and the Romans could be seen wearing the key as a ring. Think of it as a status symbol, that you were wealthy enough to have possessions worth protecting under lock and key. Not much changed with the lock and key for almost 3000 years, and then the advent of metal arose and locks become a more robust security option.
The Iron age was the era of the Bolt lock, and this lock which was created in England soon spread as far afield as China. To open the lock, a key had to be placed inside of it and pushed, turned or screwed. As the period moved forwards, so did locksmithing. In fact, between the 1300s – the 1600s, locksmithing became an art form, and the locksmiths who worked in the industry became highly desired for their skills of creating bespoke and intricately designed locks. By 1817, the inner workings of the lock started to advance quickly and the Chubb lock was created.
Today, locks have evolved to the point that many of them don’t even need a key. A simple finger or iris scan can unlock a door in a matter of seconds. Some car models also employ fingerprint scanning to open the doors and voice recognition to start the engine. While this technology is proving popular in our ever modern world, many people still prefer the comfort and familiarity of a standard key and lock for their personal property and belongings.
The Role Of A Modern Day Locksmith In Fort Lee, NJ
Today’s locksmiths are well skilled and trained in the use of metalwork, woodwork, mechanics, and electronics. While a locksmith has always learned about more than just the metalwork or woodwork aspects of locks, today’s locksmiths need to know how to fix and repair computer chips and digital software that is installed in many modern locks.
Most locksmiths of today also work as mobile tradesmen and can arrive at where they are needed with all of the modern and practical tools that they will require working through just about every type of lock related issue. In the past, if you needed a new key cut then you would have to visit locksmiths to get it done, which could take many hours and even days to do. Nowadays, a locksmith can create a perfect working replacement key at your home or car in Fort Lee, NJ in a matter of minutes.
Aside from house and car locks, many locksmiths now work in the field of home security devices and can fix, repair, replace or install alarms, CCTV, and digital locks too. With an ever-growing population, there is a need for more property and vehicles, which, in turn, means that the need for more skilled locksmiths continues to increase.
Reasons People Need A Locksmith In Fort Lee, NJ?
For the most part, people in Fort Lee, NJ need a locksmith because they have managed to lock themselves out of their car or home. It is an easy mistake to make and when it does happen it can prove to be stressful and frustrating.
- Imagine that you are just going to take the trash out or collect the mail, you venture outside still in your nightwear and bang, a gust of wind slams the door shut behind you! You rush to the door sure that you left the latch on, but lo and behold, the door is well and truly locked. So what do you do? Well, you can go to neighbors home and borrow their phone or computer and get hold of a locksmith who will be able to get you back indoors in little to no time and all without needing to smash a window or remove the lock.
- Another common reason folks in Fort Lee, NJ may need a locksmith is when they get out of their car or truck after throwing their keys on the passenger seat. They jump out of the car, shut the door, and click, the auto lock has just locked them out! What do you do? You don’t want to break the window or risk jamming the door by using a wire hanger down the window side. You can simply call on a local Fort Lee locksmith who will arrive in his mobile van and be able to get you back into your car in a jiffy.
- One other way people find themselves needing a locksmith is when their key snaps or the lock jams and they have no way to get indoors. A mobile locksmith will be able to use his tools to either extract the broken key parts or replace the entire lock quickly and easily. If you have just moved home, you may want to change the locks as you do not know who may still have copies of keys to gain entry. This can cause concern, especially for those who are in a new area.
- One of the last reasons that people tend to find themselves locked out is because they have left their keys in a bar, on the subway, or in a minicab and don’t have a spare with them. If this is you (and it has happened to just about all of us at some point or another) then your local Fort Lee locksmith will be able to get you a replacement key cut at your property and get you into the comfort of the 4 walls of your home.
- As you can see from the above examples, it is easier to lock yourself out than you thought. Every day, 1000’s of Fort Lee, NJ residents find themselves calling in a trusted and professional locksmith to help them get back in again. It is nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about, accidents happen and we all need to call on the help of a professional from time to time. If you find yourself suffering from the lock or key problems, call your local locksmith now and get the problem fixed.
Best Ways To Prevent Getting Locked Out?
- This section will give you a few pointers in the right direction to help you prevent you ever needing to call on a Fort Lee Locksmith, but if you do find yourself needing one, then you can rest assured that they will be with you quickly and help you get entry to your home or property.
- Leave a spare key with a trusted neighbor or friend: Never leave a door key under the doormat, over the door frame, in a plant pot, or under a fake rock. Burglars and intruders know of all the most commonly used hiding places for keys, and may even be watching you when you put it away in what you think is the worlds best hiding place. Leave a spare key with a friend or neighbor who you trust. That way, should you ever find yourself locked out you know you can get back in.
- Use a keychain: If you want to make sure you never forget or lose your keys, a simple chain that attaches to your purse or jean buckles will help you. If the key or keys are physically attached to you then you can rest easy knowing that they can only be where they are affixed.
- Keep your keys on a hook on the wall: One of the most common causes of key loss is small children wandering off with them and hiding them in the sewer via a flush of the toilet. It is also commonplace for adults to just throw their keys down on a side, especially if tired or stressed, and then in the morning start freaking out because someone has moved their keys.
- If you use a finger scanner or iris scanner lock system and you are having difficulty getting it to work for you, then a locksmith can get you access quite quickly. Try to avoid getting your fingers sticky, dirty, or cut and keep the glass pane smear and smudge free for easy access.
Can I Easily Find A Locksmith In Fort Lee, NJ?
Yes, you can. Getting a locksmith to your home, office, or car in Fort Lee is as easy as making a simple call. Shortly after you have been in touch, a specialist locksmith will be to you with all of the tools and tricks of the trade to get you back into your property quickly and easily.
While it can be easy to start to stress out when you find yourself locked out, stress won’t change the predicament you are facing, so keep calm, check all doors and windows for an entry point, and if there is no way then simply call your local friendly locksmith in Fort Lee, NJ.